An effective facial care routine is extremely important to keep our skin healthy and radiant. This ranges from the correct selection of your products seeking natural and friendly formulas with the natural barrier of your skin, to ethical aspects such as the selection of vegan and cruelty-free products.
However, the health of your skin is also influenced by the food you eat. For instance, a diet rich in highly processed foods, instant foods, fast foods, and refined carbohydrates has an inflammatory effect that aggravates certain skin conditions such as acne, textured skin, and oily skin just to mention a few.
For this reason, we created a list of 5 ingredients that you have to incorporate into your diet to nourish your skin and support the efforts you make with your facial care products to obtain the best results.
1. Avocados- Thanks to its rich content in monounsaturated fats, avocado is perfect for rejuvenating and moisturizing our skin, avoiding expression lines. Additionally, these fats help lubricate our digestive system, allowing the absorption of vitamins and making our cell membranes stronger.
2. Carrots- This wonderful vegetable is rich in carotenes, but also in vitamin A, minerals, and many antioxidants with properties to fight against the effects of free radicals on the skin and other parts of the body. They help repair skin tissues while also protecting skin from harmful radiation.
3. Berries- Among the outstanding and most nutritious contributions that red fruits offer, is their high content of antioxidants. Antioxidants are a type of nutrient that prevents the aggression of free radicals responsible for the premature aging of our cells, and the appearance of the first wrinkles on our skin.
4. Chia seeds- Chia seeds are a plant source that contains more than 60% omega 3 that helps us increase collagen production, which acts as an anti-aging agent, fighting wrinkles, acne, and blemishes and allowing skin looks smooth and youthful.
5. Turmeric is a herbaceous plant of the ginger family whose root is one of the most used ingredients in acne products thanks to its active component called curcumin. The properties of turmeric are antiseptic and antibacterial and it helps to eliminate blackheads, add shine and unify the skin.
Although these ingredients are not the only ones that contribute positively to the general health of your skin, the truth is that they are very easy to incorporate into your diet in smoothies, juices, salads, or some of them on their own.
Finally, remember that staying well hydrated with enough water is one of the key aspects to maintaining the health of your skin to the maximum.
Stay connected with us through our social networks and our blog to continue growing the CLARISMA community.
See you next time!