What’s A Fruit Enzyme (and why should you care)?
There are lots of exfoliating and clarifying ingredients that help give skin that radiant California glow, but not all of them are as kind to the skin, or as effective, as others. That’s why Clarisma uses a clinically-proven blend of enzymes derived from Pineapple, Papaya, and Caviar Lime. These amazing enzymes help exfoliate and clarify the skin, but without damage like dryness, peeling, redness, or irritation.
What's a Fruit Enzyme and How do Enzymes Work?
Enzymes are unique natural compounds found in fruits that help to break down proteins (pore clogs, dead skin, etc). They work in a natural and gentle way to eliminate impurities in the skin while helping to improve cell turnover and maintain the skin’s natural moisture balance.
The specific enzymes we use, Protease and Proteolytic enzymes (derived from Pineapple and Papaya) gently dissolve clogged pores, under the skin bumps, and congestion in the skin. Unlike chemical exfoliants (acids), enzymes are special because they only affect the imbalances (i.e. dead skin and impurities), leaving behind healthy skin that is smooth, balanced, clear and radiant.
- Our enzymes help unclog pores and congestion under the skin, helping to clear blackheads, bumps, and blemishes.
- Enzymes can also enhance skin elasticity and resilience for a "plump" healthy look.
- Gently exfoliates with NO redness or irritation.
- Helps reduce hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone for a naturally radiant glow.
- Refine and smooth the skin's texture, helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Enzymes For All
Fruit enzymes are so universal, they can help with a variety of skin concerns, and are safe for all skin types.
- Breakouts and clogged pores: Enzymes help clear pores of dead skin and impurities which can cause breakouts and bumps. Cleaner pores mean less bacteria and dirt build-up which equals fewer blemishes.
- Irritation and uneven skin tone: Because they are gentle, enzymes can be used regularly to exfoliate the skin, helping maintain consistent cell turnover. Consistent cell turnover also helps promote a strong skin barrier which helps keep pollutants out and moisture in.
- Oiliness and dryness: Most chemical peels work quickly and can easily ‘over’ exfoliate the top layer of skin, causing an imbalance in moisture and skin barrier function, which in turn can lead to an over-production of oil. Enzymes gently exfoliate and repair the skin, creating a protective barrier and helping maintain hydration so skin stays in balance.
Fruit enzymes can be found in all CLARISMA products! Not sure where to start? Try our Starter Kit, also known as our Mini Facial, for a complete facial routine at a great discount!