To some, the idea of New Year's resolutions can be productive or unproductive. Some choose to make specific goals in health and fitness, while others make more general resolutions like eating better, exercising more, and spending more time with friends and family. Whether or not resolutions are your thing, the start of the new year is a great time to reassess and reevaluate your skincare routine and goals.
Whether you're starting from scratch or refining an existing skincare routine, there are a few key steps you can take to help improve your skin's health:
1. First, start by assessing your skin type. Dry? Oily? Dull? Not all products are appropriate for every skin type, so it's important to figure out what works best for you. If you need help figuring out what kind of skin you have, CLARISMA has a helpful Skin Quiz!
2. Next, find a fun way to build skincare into your daily routine. Setting aside time in the morning and at night to wash, cleanse, and moisturize your face will help turn your skincare routine into nothing more than muscle memory.
3. Exercise is important for overall health and well-being, but you don't need to be a gym rat to get some exercise. Something as simple as a walk to increase your heart rate and increase your blood flow will help nourish your skin cells, as well as aid in removing waste. You can think of it as cleansing your skin from the inside out.
4. Eating a balanced diet contributes to positive skin health. Including fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins into your diet can provide the nutrients your body (and skin) need to stay healthy throughout the day.
5. Improve your sleep! Unfortunately, many people don't get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can have serious consequences for your health, including weight gain, heart disease, diabetes and more. Poor sleep can increase your cortisol levels, triggering inflammation which will break down the proteins that help keep your skin healthy.
By incorporating these simple habits into your daily routine, you'll be on your way to great skin and a more positive life!